Custom Quilt Preparation
Each quilt is one of a kind. It is unique. It is generated from your thoughts and ideas and I help you turn those ideas into a fabulous quilt. The following tips may help you as you decide what the purpose is for your quilt:
- If you are going to have photos in your quilt, make sure the photos are clear and show the detail you would like. The photo on the quilt is never better than the one you send me.
- If you want writing, signatures, thoughts written on fabric blocks to be incorporated in the quilt, allow enough time to get the blocks returned so I can complete the quilt before you need it for the shower, wedding, anniversary, etc.
- This is where the personal consultation will gather your ideas and we work through a series of questions and designing to get that special quilt you desire.
- Fabrics, colors, designs, sizes, are all negotiable and definitely discussed before we start.
- Gather photos, fabrics, thoughts, ideas, and have them handy when we visit. It makes that first consultation much more productive.
- If you know you want to make a quilt for a special occasion but are not sure what you would like, I have lots of ideas and experience to design that special quilt.
- Remember that having a label made for the Custom Quilt is a must! You want to be able to remember as much about the event, the quilt, the person, etc. as possible on a specially made label, attached to the back of the quilt. It is incredible how much we do not remember as we age gracefully.