Memory Quilt Options
Memory quilts are very similar to custom quilts in that they are unique, one of a kind quilts made to keep memories of a special event, a special vacation, a special person, etc.
Our personal consultation can help to generate ideas for the designing of your special memory quilt. I have listed some ideas for you to keep in mind as we discuss your special Memory Quilt.
- If you are going to have photos in your quilt, make sure the photos are clear and show the detail you would like. The photo on the quilt is never better than the one you send me.
- If you want writing, signatures, thoughts written on fabric blocks to be incorporated in the quilt, allow enough time to get the blocks returned so I can complete the quilt before you need it for the shower, wedding, anniversary, etc.
- This is where the personal consultation will gather your ideas and as we work through a series of questions and designs to get that special quilt you desire.
- Fabrics, colors, designs, sizes, are all negotiable and definitely discussed before we start.
- Gather photos, fabrics, thoughts, ideas, and have them handy when we visit. It makes that first consultation much more productive.
- If you know you want to make a quilt for a special occasion, but are not sure what you would like, I have lots of ideas and experience to design that special quilt.
- Remember that having a label made for the Memory Quilt is a must! You want to be able to remember as much about the event, the quilt, the person, etc as possible on a specially made label that is attached to the back of the quilt. It is incredible how much we do not remember as we age gracefully.